I wanted to share a quick review with you on Maybelline’s Color Tattoo Eye Chrome Eyeshadows™ that recently launched. I have seen them on almost every beauty vlogger/blogger’s Instagram and Snapchat and from what was shown, they looked beautiful, so of course I had to try them myself. I have used Maybelline’s Eye Studio Color Tattoo Eyeshadow™ before and liked it, however because it comes in a pot, it was harder to get the product out and I noticed it dried up quickly.
The packaging on the new Eye Chrome Eyeshadows, in my opinion, are so much better and easier to use. This metallic liquid eyeshadow comes with a doe-foot applicator which makes applying them a breeze. I picked up a few at Ulta for $9.99 each. The price is a bit high but you get a decent amount of product in each tube. They come in ten different colors and I picked up the following five.
(Top to Bottom: Fools Gold, Beige Luster, Sharp Purple, Gilded Rise, and Electric Emerald)
- Pigmentation is absolutely AMAZING!!
- Colors are rich and vibrant.
- Easy application
- Great, messy-free packaging
- Good color selection
- Long lasting – Just FYI, you’ll need a good makeup remover to get these off
- Too much is literally too much! One layer is ENOUGH when directly applying it to the lid; any more than that and they will start to clump up and flake off when you try to blend them in with other eyeshadows
- Tip: To avoid adding too much product to the lid, apply the shadow on to your finger and then apply to lid for an even coverage.
- They dry within 10-15 seconds after applying so you must work fast (this could be a pro and a con; for me it’s con)
Here are swatches of the colors: Left: with flash and Right: without flash in natural day light.
Overall, the eyeshadows are long lasting and have amazing pigmentation. If you are looking for an easy, one swipe type eyeshadow, these are right up your alley! They are a great way to add color to an everyday look without your eyeshadow becoming overwhelming.